Simple Wireless Scanner
Simple Wireless Scanner (SWScanner) is an application for Linux environments designed for scanning, configuring, and (in general) managing wireless networks. SWScanner is also a powerfull wardriving tool, and has a high level of compatibility with NetStumbler, a similar and well-known application designed for other operating system.
- SWScanner uses wireless-extensions.
- Detailed and updated information of signal, noise, and other wireless network parameters of the selected interface.
- GPS integration.
- Possibility of storing network settings of the detected access points.
- Simplifies the asociating/deasociating process to an access point.
- Posibility of storing scanned data.
- Simplifies wardriving.
- Combatible log data between NetStumbler and SWScanner; i.e.: it is possible to open a text or summary file produced with NS. NS will also recognize log files produced by SWScanner.
- Conversion of log (text or summary) files (from NS or SWScanner) to the well-known an widely used ESRI Shapefile format.